Losing hair may be one of the less discussed topics among women. Although it is a matter of women’s beauty, many girls and women do not think it is interesting to talk about, but the facts may astonish you when you know that the number of women who have thinning hair is millions, Your hair is beautiful and proud and then surprised that it is light and below you will know about the causes of why am I losing so much hair? And how to cure.
You may think why am I losing so much hair? Why my hair suddenly becomes thin?
But in fact, it takes time not before you reach this stage. The hair starts to thinning from the hairline at the top of the forehead, through the top of the head, and then spreads all over the scalp. With age, the hair follicle is reduced, making the hair thinner. Although losing hair is often associated with age, it may sometimes be temporary and treatable.
Hair loss does not necessarily mean a health problem. Many people panic as soon as they see the problem of fall, thinking that it is a symptom of a disease, although the reality is that there are many causes of hair loss, which are often under control. For the answer to the question why am I losing so much hair? You need to understand the origin of this problem. Hair loss usually affects head hair but may also affect other parts of the body. It can occur at any age and often affects 30-40% of the world’s population.
Natural man loses about 40-125 hairs per day, depending on the amount of hair he has and the age and other factors which is not a concern as long as these limits do not exceed. If the rate increases, it is questionable, as it may be a symptom of an imbalance or related to one of the behaviors of everyday life, and here it should be known to control it. Hence, as with any problem, understanding the causes leads us to choose the most appropriate treatment, which we will answer through this article.
Genetic causes: It is the most common cause of hair loss in women, especially after menopause, it is normal to show thin hair in women at age, but we may find this phenomenon also at a young age.
Menopause: Any factor that may reduce the rate of your hormones affects your hair density. Menopause reduces the proportion of estrogen (the female hormone), which plays an important role in the protection of hair, and hormonal disorders also affect the hair follicle.
Reproduction: You may notice that your hair is healthy, shiny and dense during your pregnancy, but after birth it changes completely and the hair becomes light and dry and maybe also crunchy, this is to change your body hormones between pregnancy and childbirth, but do not worry these temporary symptoms appear on your hair, Your hormones are normal (within 3 months after birth) your hair starts to return to normal and healthy.
Damage to cells inside hair follicles: One of the latest facts discovered from hair that the damaged cells may become brown and turn into skin, and with the recurrence of cell damage over the years occurs atrophy of the bulbs, leading to a small number of hairs for the space of the skin, which causes the Thinning Hair and sometimes may cause hair-free areas completely in the scalp.
Take a lot of vitamin A: Your doctor or pharmacist may prescribe vitamin A as a dietary supplement to improve hair growth. But if you take too much vitamin A, the hair will build quickly. If you reduce the amount you take, your hair will return to its first state the beginning.
Lack of protein intake: Being a vegetarian can do wonders for your body, but it will not have the same positive effect on your hair, and although many who do not eat animal protein do not suffer from the problem of light hair, but may show some signs of thinning hair as that The protein content of the body is limited. In order to avoid these symptoms, dietary supplements containing iron and protein should be taken and vegetarian foods rich in proteins such as legumes and others should be taken.
Stress: Exposure to any type of stress, physical or psychological lead to the arrival of many hair bristles at the same time to the stage of completion, resulting in hair loss at a rate greater than normal.
Vitamin deficiency: Although excessive vitamin A leads to hair thinning, the lack of vitamins in general and vitamin B in particular lead to the same result, as iron deficiency, which plays an important role in the process of hair growth, and diets that lose weight quickly have the same The negative effect on hair, and in order to avoid all this you can take vitamins every day.
Some skin diseases and autoimmune disorders: The immune system to produce antibodies to diseases that are exposed to the body, and may sometimes defect to the immune system, which makes it distinguish the hair as a foreign body and resist, leading to thinning and hair loss by a large proportion, and sometimes lead to alopecia Which is one of the causes of thinning hair difficult treatment for other causes.
Sudden weight loss: The loss of too much weight in a short period (more than 12 kg per month) leads to a shock to the hair, making it weak and damaged. Weight loss is not the cause of hair thinning, but often the lack of healthy vitamins and fats that you may deprive yourself of is the reason for changing the look and feel of your hair.
- Non-integrated diet: It is one of the main causes and it is known that hair loss is the first signs of malnutrition or iron anemia.
- Stress, persistent stress and lack of sleep.
- Psychological factors: such as anxiety and depression, does not appear directly impact, but occurs after 3-4 months fall in most cases.
- Environmental influences: Examples are…
- Chapters change often precipitation increases in autumn or when exposed to moisture.
- Exposure to very high temperatures, such as when exposed to direct sunlight or drying hair with electric dryers, or when exposed to very low temperatures such as direct exposure to air conditioners or in the case of travel from cold to warm or vice versa.
- Wash hair using water containing high chlorine (eg swimming pools), salt water (seawater), hot water or cold water.
The use of chemicals such as gel, dyes, and preparations for hair or softening or even shampoo, since most commercial preparations have a negative impact because they use dangerous chemical substances that cause the fall, preferably replace natural alternatives as possible.
The use of chemical shampoos or those that are enhanced by protein, which in fact deceive the eye and does not benefit the hair, but increase the size and grant density temporarily while hair continues to fall.
Straightening the hair after washing it directly with being wet, or using a towel to dry are two of the biggest mistakes committed by many women in dealing with hair.
- Tighten the hair strongly when you are laying or violently styling it.
- Genetic factors, as men are exposed to genetic baldness, it appears in the form of hair loss in women.
- Age: The researchers point out that hair follicles weaken with age leading to hair weakness and fall.
- Smoking: As is always known, smoking is harmful to health, and hair health is no exception. There is no need to discuss the details of the damage of smoking, but suffice it to say that – in addition to the toxins that pumped in the blood – it works to block blood flow to the scalp and narrow the arteries, which weakens the hair and cause the fall.
- Hormonal imbalance especially appears in the postpartum stage in ladies.
- Some drugs may lead to hair loss, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy for cancer, heart disease, and other drugs.
- It may be a preliminary indication of the incidence of organic impairment such as lupus, diabetes, or a thyroid disorder, or a skin disease such as alopecia. Therefore, after reviewing all the above-mentioned causes and the continuation of the problem, it is necessary to check with the doctor for the necessary tests.
The human is born with about 100,000 hair follicles in his scalp. The hair grows separately in the bulb and then multiplies over time, making the hair denser. When you age, the number of hair follicles decreases in one follicle, making the hair appear light and thin. The hair growth cycle is divided into three stages, all of which occur at the same time, that is, there may be a group of hairs in the first stage, a group of hairs in the second stage and another group in the third stage. The stages are:
- Growth stage: The first stage in the hair growth cycle and it takes three to five years to complete, and begins when the hair grows from the bulb and then grow the hairline and grow taller, and can be up to 30 inches hair at this stage.
- The stage of retreat: the stage where the hair stops growing and takes about ten days, in which the hair is preparing to fall.
- End-stage: the final stage in the hair growth cycle, in which the hair falls off the bulb and prepares another hair for growth, and this stage, takes about three months.
- Treatment of hair loss In 10 simple steps .
we reviewed the origin of the problem of fall, or causes of hair loss, which, when identified, can treat hair loss either by avoiding or taking the necessary action to reduce them, which we will continue to talk about in this article ..
What is the treatment of hair loss??
Depending on the causes of hair loss different can follow the following tips in the treatment of hair loss or even prevention:
- Review your diet: One of the easiest and most effective ways to treat hair loss is to adopt a diet rich in essential elements for hair growth, including:
- Iron: It is one of the most important minerals to nourish and strengthen hair, and its sources include liver, red meat, fish, leafy vegetables, and grains. Vegetarian women often suffer from iron deficiency as most of their sources are the animal. Iron deficiency can be replaced with dietary supplements, of course, after iron deficiency is confirmed by the ferritin in the blood.
- – Protein: essential for strong hair and here we mean food proteins and not those in commercial shampoo that surrounds the hair from the outside! Protein sources include red and white meat, milk and dairy products, eggs and legumes. Vegetarians can also get protein from whole wheat bread, brown rice, potatoes, broccoli, peanut butter and others.
- – Vitamin C: It is necessary to absorb the element of iron deficiency and causes dry hair and loss of meanings. The most important sources include citrus, strawberry, and pepper, both hot and sweet.
- – Omega-3 fatty acids: It has a great role in preventing the fall in addition to the vitality and luster of the hair, and the most important sources are tuna, salmon, mackerel and most of the sea fruits in addition to nuts. The option of dietary supplements can also be used.
- – Biotin (vitamin B): It is essential for the supply of hair follicles oxygen through the blood, as it touched.
I would be happy to know if my article ” Why am I losing so much hair” is helpful for you please do comments and like my page.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE MY ARTICLE: